626.796.3733 626.796.3733

California Conservatorship Attorney Helps You Protect Your Family

At Christopher Allan Bury, we can help you arrange for the care of an elderly parent or disabled adult child. Our knowledgeable attorneys can guide you in choosing a conservator whom you can trust to manage the financial needs of your loved ones.

Caring for an incapacitated adult
When devising your estate plan, the care of the most vulnerable members of your family is likely your foremost concern. At Christopher Allan Bury we can advise you on crucial decisions about the financial support, protection and guardianship of developmentally disabled or physically challenged adults or similarly disadvantaged children.

Choosing a guardian for your child
You should name a guardian who will raise your children according to your parental philosophies. The court will reject a guardian who is unwilling or unable to care for your child. At Christopher Allan Bury, we suggest you name an alternate guardian to fulfill the role if your primary guardian choice is unavailable. We also recommend that you thoroughly discuss your decision with your chosen guardian to confirm the guardian is willing and prepared to accept the full responsibility of caring for your child as you wish.

Importance of a will
Naming a guardian is especially important if you are a single parent or in case both parents die in a common incident. If you do not name a guardian, the court will appoint a guardian for your children, and might make a decision that would have been unacceptable to you. You can make your own parenting decisions by drafting a will and updating your will should your designated guardian die or become incapacitated.

Contact a thorough estate planning lawyer, Christopher Allan Bury
For thorough and professional legal service throughout Los Angeles County, call Christopher Allan Bury at 626.796.3733 or contact us online to schedule a free initial telephone consultation.

Christopher Allan Bury has offices in Pasadena and assists clients throughout Los Angeles County.